Volunteers at ETWA work alongside committee members, other volunteers and sometimes independently. The ETWA office is located at the Augustine Centre, Hawthorn, where a number of other community based organisations operate. ETWA works collaboratively with these groups in a supportive environment so that ETWA volunteers benefit from these partnerships and vice versa.
New volunteers will first meet with a current committee member who will help them identify where they can be of assistance and guide them through some initial tasks.
Volunteer duties may include;
• Maintaining contact with ETWA stockists.
• Helping to pack, price and organise hand-woven stock at the office.
• Desktop publishing – update fliers and product tags
• Help with online sales
• Help on an ETWA stall at events, book launches, markets or festivals.
• Learning about ETWA and talking at schools or local groups.
If you would like to work with like-minded community-oriented people, we would love to hear from you. All of our work ultimately benefits women and their families in Timor Leste, whether it is through selling handcrafts, raising awareness of issues in Timor Leste, fundraising, organising our Melbourne operations or supporting our partner groups in East Timor.
If you are interested to find out more please contact our Volunteer & Projects Coordinator through the Contact Page.